Se encontraron 4.597 de más de 6 K evaluaciones
Actualizado el 20 de sept de 2023
- Más reciente
- Calificaciones más altas
- Calificaciones más bajas
- 4,015 de sept de 2023Drilling EngineerEmpleado actual, más de 10 añosHouston, TX
Above average compensation. Not on high end, not on low. May fall within 75th percentile, something along those lines. Majority of peers are decent work mates. Emphasis on behaviours within the work place. Does not necessarily reward cut throat behavior or results if results are acheived from steam rolling people or chopping others down at the knees. Chevron is a long term play or a stepping stone for young graduates. Won't get rich quick, but if playing the marathon game will be a lucrative career so long as you're flexible in job positions you are willing take and locations you are willing to relocate. Chevron values people and behaviours, and it overall has been a great experience thus far as turnover is minimal so those very relationships develop further over time. Time will tell whether that brings great value, but history shows relationships do.
Initially hired on with hopes and dreams of going internationally as an engineer. Those opportunities are fewer and farther between, with only a select few getting the opportunity. The opportunities, for most folks, come down to timing of when a job is available and if you've served long enough in your current role (say minimum of 3 years) to "post" for the job. There are pre-determined time periods you must stay in a job role before applying to another position. Not as simple as talking to a hiring manager and proving you can perform on their team, but have to wait formally for spring and fall job openings and align with your current supervisor to apply. The highly coveted jobs have a large pool of applicants, so it's naturally very competitive. Once folks do get an overseas job, they compete that much stronger for additional overseas jobs and the cycle continues. Hard to break in, much harder than it was in 2010 - 2013 when folks with 5 years of experience could kickstart their international career.
- 4,01 de sept de 2023Software EngineerEmpleado actual, más de 3 añosHouston, TX
Lots of diverse opportunities in Web development, Application Support, Data Science, Data Engineering, Automation, CICD, etc. Typically, you get more control over the work you get to do day to day but less control over the direction your project heads in.
Although there is a large push to digitize all aspects of our business; this does not reflect in giving IT the power to make decisions. Company as a whole pushes buy mentality over build even if it costs more to support a bought product over time. Also, for pay in IT world it is a bit lower but gets more competitive if you stay with the company for a long time; opposite of what excites the new generation of worker.1
- 4,025 de ago de 2023HR SpecialistExempleado, más de 8 años
- Great total compensation package for HR employees. - Lots of career development opportunities. - For the most part, everyone was super intelligent and my co-workers were great.
- The vibes are (sometimes) off. - High internal stress at all levels of the HR organization and very competitive. - Not a lot of HRIS / technical-focused roles or mentoring available within the U.S. - As with any company, working in HR can sometimes feel 'clique-ish' because they don't hire much externally (although a lot of internal movement) and the same people have worked with one another forever. - Constant restructuring and 'transformations,' but such is the O&G life and most Fortune 500 companies.
- 5,015 de sept de 2023Empleado anónimoEmpleado actual
Excellent benefits and lots of opportunities to move into different roles.
Offices have moved into an open floor plan that focuses on collaboration spaces. That is great for 10% of the time you are collaborating but is extremely distracting for the 90% of your time when you are trying to work on the tasks you collaborated on.
- 5,015 de sept de 2023Financial AnalystEmpleado actual, más de 3 añosHouston, TX
Truly the most amazing people in the entire oil & gas industry
Very easy to get pigeonholed or suddenly forced into a new role that is wildly different from the role you were hired for
- 5,012 de sept de 2023Contracts Leadership Development ProgramEmpleado actual, más de 10 añosAtyrau
Chevron provided an excellent opportunity to apply my skills of a contracts advisor on one of the biggest projects - Future Growth Project.
There was no downsides during my work starting from work process and work environment to the colleagues that become like a family.
- 2,029 de ago de 2023Data AnalystExempleado
Safety is a top priority here, and it's evident that the company goes above and beyond to ensure a secure work environment for its employees. This commitment to safety is truly appreciated and contributes to a sense of well-being while at work.
Team dynamics are strained, with a tendency for colleagues to focus on errors without providing helpful guidance. This affects personal growth and development. Opportunities for advancement seem limited, which can lead to a feeling of stagnation and disappointment. Leadership occasionally displays favoritism, creating an uneven playing field and impacting overall morale.
- 5,014 de sept de 2023Financial AnalystEmpleado actual, más de 3 añosHouston, TX
-Competitive salary and above-average benefits -Opportunities to grow internally -Outstanding managers
-Working at a large company can make one feel like they are on the hamster wheel
Preguntas frecuentes sobre las evaluaciones de Chevron
Chevron tiene una calificación general de 4,1 sobre 5, basada en más de 5.924 evaluaciones que los empleados dejaron de forma anónima. El 85 % de los empleados recomendaría trabajar en Chevron a un amigo y el 77 % tiene una perspectiva positiva de la empresa. Esta calificación se ha mantenido estable en los últimos 12 meses.
Según las evaluaciones de Glassdoor, el 85 % de los empleados de Chevron recomendaría a un amigo trabajar allí. Los empleados también calificaron a Chevron en 3,8 sobre 5 por equilibrio entre trabajo y vida personal, 4,1 por cultura y valores, y 3,8 por oportunidades laborales.